Saturday 12 March 2011

Heaton Woods - Tree Planting

     I had seen a small piece in my local paper about tree planting in Heaton Woods and decided to go along with my camera.  I have to confess, having lived my entire life in the Bradford area, that I have never visited these woods before.  The tree planting was in an area of land recently acquired by the Heaton Woods Trust, a group of volunteers who manage and maintain the ancient and more recently planted woodland, paths and ponds in the area.  Pictured here is the Mayor of Bradford Cllr. Peter Hill.
     The woodland in this area is really beautiful and I will definitely be returning to take some photographs in a week or two when the trees come into leaf.

1 comment:

  1. I too have lived around this area for some time and have never visited these woods. Must get round to it later in the year.

    ReplyDelete