Monday 9 January 2012

Chris Howson - Desmond Tutu House

I found out quite a few things I didn't know yesterday. I was taking a picture of the artwork on a garage door next to the building in this picture when Chris Howson, the inner city priest for Bradford arrived on a bike. I didn't know that he cycled and I didn't know that he worked from this building, Desmond Tutu house. I've seen Chris quite a few times at various demonstrations and rallies around the city centre but I've never really had the chance to talk to him. What is he like? He's enthusiastic about his work, about Bradford, and about the people of Bradford, he's also quite outspoken on human rights issues, nuclear disarmament and social injustice. What else did I find out? Chris has recently had a book published, the title is 'A Just Church'.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Martin,

    I'm organising an event in Bradford on the 13th February. It's an event about the town itself, about its high streets and town centre and it's about getting people to work together and develop ideas to get that spark going again. I'm trying to reach as many passionate, inspiring and enthusiastic people that I can to help spread the word.

    Do you have an email where I could send you more details?

    Best

    Laura
    laura@insightwithpassion.co.uk

    ReplyDelete