Saturday 8 January 2011

Jowett - A Century of Memories

     My local newspaper, the Bradford Telegraph & Argus has nominated 'Jowett - A Century of Memories' by Noel Stokoe as its book of the week.  The book contains letters from the owners of these Bradford built cars and previously unpublished pictures from the Jowett archives.
      This is a picture of Noel (taken last year) stood in front of a splendid Jowett Bradford (not his own car) at the Jowett Centenary gathering in the grounds of Cannon Hall near Barnsley   

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    My granddad worked at Jowett's for a time, probably in the 1920's or 30's. He was a joiner so I imagine some part of the cars were made of wood?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there was a partly restored car on show at Cannon Hall - it had a body with the timber frame exposed. I'm sorry I can't give you any more information, I like old cars, but Im not really an expert on any of them!

    ReplyDelete