Wednesday 24 August 2011

Burley-In-Wharfedale Classic Car Show

I spent an enjoyable morning at the Burley-in-Wharfedale Classic Car Show on Sunday. I had intended to post a picture of a tractor which had been built at the International Harvesters factory in Bradford but thought that these Volkswagen camper vans were more interesting. I thought I had seen the green and white van at the Festival of Vintage in York a couple of months ago, the owner confirmed that it was the same van and that he also owned the red van. The red van is a 1970 model and is left hand drive as it was imported from America before being restored. The green van is older and was also imported from America before being restored and I believe is a type 1 as it has a split windscreen. Both vans are available for wedding hire if you fancy travelling to church in something a bit different!


1 comment:

  1. Ah the good old camper van... these look like they are in mint condition, I can see how you got sidetracked!!

    ReplyDelete