Saturday 11 June 2011

Aussie Mossie From Down Under

We don't get that many visitors from Australia here in Bradford, and I would say that not many arrive by canal boat either. The unusually named boat belongs to John and Jenny Ellison from Wellington, South Australia who spend six months of the year here in the UK and six months in Australia. John is a big fan of traditional jazz music and the couple are hoping to attend a jazz concert at a Leeds pub tomorrow. The pendant at the back of the boat (I think I've got my facts right here) is from John's boat in Australia, a beautiful replica paddle boat, a lovely picture of the boat is on John's card here in front of me. John did comment on how beautiful the countryside was along this stretch of the canal, which pleased me as I often wonder if local people really appreciate what is on their own doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment